In Partnership with Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel
Celebrate the great indoors. Crisp winter air outside means crackling fireplaces inside providing the ideal backdrop to craft a unique at-home holiday cocktail. In a year with so many unknowns and dining restrictions it's the best moment to channel your inner mixologist and craft a cocktail in which New York meets the best of Tennessee.
Whether you favor a timeless beverage or a modern twist on a classic, here’s to our favorites this holiday season, and please...top shelf only.
For when you’re feeling refined and distinguished.
- 1.5 oz Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Rye
- 1/2 oz Sweet vermouth
- 1/2 oz Dry vermouth
- 2 Dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: brandied cherry
- Fill a cocktail mixing glass halfway with cubed ice
- Add all ingredients and stir for 10 seconds, or until well chilled
- Strain into a chilled coupe
- Add 1 dark cherry on a pick and rest on glass, to garnish
TENNESSEE WHISKEY MULE
For when you’re in the mood for a refreshing drink with a ginger kick.
- 2 oz Tennessee Whiskey
- 4-6 oz Ginger Beer
- ½ oz Fresh lime juice
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker ¾ with ice
- Combine whiskey, lime juice and shake until chilled
- Strain into highball glass, filled with cubed ice
- Top with ginger beer
- Add mint to garnish
For when you want to shake that chill in the air.
- 4 oz boiling water (or tea such as Earl Grey)
- 2 oz whiskey or scotch
- 3/4 oz Acacia honey or light maple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 Cinnamon stick or whole star anise, to garnish (optional)
- Fill a heat-proof mug or glass with boiling water and let it rest, 1 minute
- Pour out the water then add the spirit, honey and lemon juice to the warmed glass
- Top with boiling water/tea and stir
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick or star anise, let it cool slightly
For when you’re feeling fiery— in front of the fireplace or just fiery from within.
- 2.0 oz whiskey
- 3/4 oz agave
- 4 oz blood orange juice
- 1/2 small jalapeno
- blood orange slice to garnish
- Chop jalapeno, juice blood orange
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, whiskey, agave, juice and jalapeno and shake until chilled
- Strain into a rocks glass full ¾ full of cubed ice (strain out the jalapenos and seeds)
- Garnish with blood orange slice
Cheers. After all, it’s always aprés-ski time somewhere.
Celebrate winter responsibly; written in partnership with your friends at Jack Daniel's Single Barrel
Photography by: Prem Pal Singh, Ekrulila, One Shot, Pixabay, Helena Lopes